Monday, January 17, 2011

New Intel Core i7 Chips hitting shelves now.... Whats this mean for you?

Intel finally launched their new class if Core i7 Processors, and totally scrapped their entire naming convention. I'm not sure why they did this, but now instead of a i7 920 or i7 930, we now have the i7 2600K. They're based on the Sandy Bridge technology that Intel announced back in 2009, and in the past 18 months, we've seen nothing really from Intel, and we've almost forgotten these were launching at CES.


Frankly, this thing is massive...And according to everyone who's had their hands on them, they can overclock easily to 6Ghz+. I know is been a long time since I've done any serious overclocking, but 6Ghz is just amazing. We use to have the 4Ghz cap, and frankly, I haven't owned a machine above 3ghz in years. My Intel i7 920 was running at 2.8ghz, and never needed anything faster.....Intel is just cramming more and more onto their chips, I'll be ordering one of these Feb 1st, and I cant wait to see what we see for performance :)

Also, I'll be looking to see how far behind AMD will be on this... They're a full 2 years behind now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment